- my friend Charlie, who is grieving the loss of his mother
- Michelle and Judy Darling, who are both holding on in their battles against breast cancer
- friends who have the flu, that they recover quickly and that it doesn’t spread through their households
- my husband and children
- more rain and cooling temperatures
- the family quickly falling back into the routines of school and work
- children who
likelove each other and actually say it out loud, every day
- The Architect asking Princess Pea to be his confirmation sponsor – my heart exploded with joy!
Refocusing on my own health with simple things, like remembering to take my vitamins, getting enough sleep and scheduling time to exercise. On the calendar. Yes, SCHEDULING exercise, because if it isn’t planned and written down, I tend to blow it off, and constantly ignoring the fact that a healthy body needs exercise will not help me live to be one hundred years old.
I’m also laying out a series of posts about Being a Good Steward of Ourselves to share over at Suscipio. This should be exciting!
I have a pair of mitts on my knitting needles that need finishing, and I’m getting an itch to pull out the sewing machine and stitch something. Or maybe pull out the paper stock and work on our photo albums, which I haven’t done in eons.
- Baked Potato Soup with Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- Chicken Cacciatore, Spinach Salad
- Garlic Lime Chicken, Broccoli and Wild Rice
- Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage and Zucchini
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Warm Spinach Salad with Chicken and Bacon, homemade Bread
The Architect has a race coming up soon, so we’re all doing training rides. DirtBike is teaching Kasey how to fetch. I’m more concerned with teaching her to respond to her own name and to NOT tinkle in the house. Princess Pea is coming BACK home this weekend for the Confirmation Sponsor meeting! That’s a good thing, because she can pick up all the stuff she forgot to take back, like the belt to her coat and her yoga pants.
Well, it’s back to school, so we’re focusing on remembering our routines, getting homework done in a timely manner and finishing all the necessary studying before bedtime. I have a prebid conference for a huge sewer project that I have out for bid, and there’s a day trip to way north Texas for me later this week. I enjoy the driving time, because it’s quiet and I can listen to books, or I can crank up the music and sing at the top of my lungs!
Linking up at Suscipio – come join us!