- rain! It’s July, and we’re still green. There are still tomatoes on the vines and flowers blooming!
- new opportunities
- blueberries, watermelon and peaches
- praying for Jenny and her family, for peace and comfort as they grieve the loss of her Grandfather
- praying for patience, my own and others’
- praying for Grace, for peace
::excited – I’ve been quiet here at the blog, because big life shifts are happening again. I have left my job as a consultant engineer, and accepted a senior position at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. I actually interviewed for the job back in May; it has taken several months to complete the security clearance, wrap up projects and hand them off to other managers, and to tell all of my clients. I am now on vacation until the end of August!! Longest vacation I’ve ever had!!
::wistful – We’ve signed a lease for The Architect’s apartment. He leaves for college in just a few short weeks.
::healthy Biking is happening! Now that the rains have let up a bit, I’ve had a couple of long rides (20+ miles), a handful of middling rides (15-ish miles) and dozens of short sprints. I’m adapting to the decreased lung capacity (chemo related pulmonary toxicity) and my legs are returning!
- Garlic Lime Salmon, Salad
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese, Grilled Sausage and Green Beans
- Taco Salad
- Grilled Pork Chops and Ratatouille
- Turkey Panninis, Strawberries
- Grilled Veggie Pizzas
::fun – It’s summer time! Both The Architect and DirtBike are working. I’m starting up a BIG project – redecorating our bedroom. I’m talking about a serious re-do, with new tile work, flooring, paint, light fixtures and other hardware. We’ve been married for almost 30 years, and have always had someone else’s leftover furniture, curtains, bedspread, etc. I’ve decorated the kids’ rooms several times over as they were growing up, but never my own. It’s going to be grand!!
Keep the Faith.