- Rain – almost 2 inches of rain that fell slowly over 48(ish) hours and soaked in.
- My ridiculously hyper dog
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Mr. Pea (NOTE….he’s doesn’t actually rank below Chicken Spaghetti and the dog…I’m just letting the brain cells fire at will.)
- laptop computer
- Big ‘ole skeins of hand painted yarns waiting for me to make something
- Honest work
- Cooler weather
- Glorious blue skies
- The Architect getting a fabulous part time job
- Coupons in the mail for Godiva Chocolate
- Brookstone and Neiman Marcus Christmas Catalogs
- thisiswhyimbroke.com (Go ahead. Look.)
- Repaired camera lens
- This kid:
- These kids, too:
- And this wonderful young woman (and the handsome guy with her!):
- Orange Chicken
Be Thankful. Keep the Faith.
::thankful – for cold weather, visit from Princess Pea, new friends, invitations to holiday celebrations, cranberries, Brazil nuts, favorable answers from the City on a drainage easement, great contractors and geotech firms.
::praying for - for new members of my cancer support group; those without warm place to sleep; for even more rain; for continued health.
::remission – I took a THREE MILE walk on Friday, and a FOUR MILE walk on Saturday!! Yahoo!!
::delicious – Quick and warm are the demands for this week.
- Dirty Rice and Roasted Veggies
- Black Bean and Spinach Burritos
- Orange Ginger Salmon
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Orange Chicken and Wonton Soup
- Breakfast for Dinner – Pancakes, Sausage and Scrambled Eggs
- Toasted Sandwiches, Veggie Soup
::fun – The boys are buckling down and studying for finals. Only a month until winter break! We have a fire in the fireplace tonight…I’m thinking about pulling out marshmallows. Maybe even some hot cocoa.
::this week – Perusing Christmas catalogs. Considering starting a “Leggings are Not Pants” Campaign. Starting preps for Thanksgiving – final grocery fetching, planning and inviting. Hunting down All the Friends who don’t have plans and inviting them here. The More the Merrier!!
Keep the Faith.
Dear Mr. Pea - You have rendered me speechless. We sent our wedding bands and my solitaire engagement ring to the jeweler to be sized. The solitaire came back with extra sparkle. I’m silly giddy in love with you!
Dear Princess Grace – Welcome back to my world!! I’ve missed you!
Dear Nikon – You really need to have local repair facilities. That being said, thank you for the amazing customer service – it was easy to get my lens packed up and sent to you, the estimate came back promptly and the cost was reasonable. Now hurry up and fix it so I can take pictures again!
Patience is a Virtue. Keep the Faith.