Dear Chemotherapy – You are not the funnest thing I’ve ever done; however, you’re not the worst thing either. In fact, there are some very tangible, appreciable GOOD things about you! Since you’re so maligned and Jane Public generally thinks you’re terrifying, I thought I would post some of your benefits here today.
- You’re very good at what you do. Kill All the Cells!
- Everyone I meet comments about how great I look – glowing skin, etc. Yep. It’s true. My skin is super smooth, fresh and soft. Even the calluses on the feet are gone. I’m getting a full body chemical peel from the inside out.
- You’ve killed my sweet tooth, especially for ice cream. Sweet foods taste terrible to me right now. I’m not even tempted by an open bag of Dove chocolates.
- Perfect Hair. Every. Single. Day.
- You’ve given me loads of extra time every morning for snoozing and eating a leisurely breakfast – No hair to blow dry! No shaving!
- I’ve met some incredibly nice, compassionate and amazing folks at the local Chemo Bar.
There’s Good In Everything. Keep the Faith.