::tired – It’s Labor Day here in the U.S….and that’s exactly what I did today! Kids went off in different directions with friends, and I spent the day taking care of Mom P., doing laundry and rearranging some furniture. It’s incredible how much stuff you find behind furniture that rarely gets moved. I mean, really weird stuff, stuff like
- little Lego Bionicle
- a ball of rubberbands
- umpteen dead bugs (eeew!)
- the top slat from the kitchen blinds that’s been missing forEVER – don’t ask, because I don’t have a clue
- desiccated carrot stick
- three pencils and a pen
- a drumstick, the wooden kind, not kind from a chicken
- a blue replacement lightbulb from Christmas lights
- a picture of DirtBike from fourth grade – gads he was a cutiepie!
::grateful – So thankful for the professionals in our life, the ones who provide counsel, healing, sound advice and a path forward.
::wistful – I get so antsy every September, wishing that summer would fade just a bit more quickly. Usually by the end of August I am DONE with summer, exhausted from the brutal heat and ready to move on. My northern heart-sisters are all talking about cooler temps and I’d like to have some of that, thank you very much!
- Steaks, Cheese Potatoes and a Salad
- BBQ Chicken, Pasta Salad and Cucumber and Tomato Salad. Yes, I know that’s two salads for one meal.
- Tacos and Black Beans
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Lemony Lentil Soup and Cheese Biscuits
- Grilled Shrimp with Cheese Grits, Green Beans
- Tilapia, Saffron Rice and Peas
::procrastinatey – The Wedding is in six weeks. I really, really must find a new dress to wear. And get one from Mom P., too!
Don’t Put Things Off! Keep the Faith
You must be logged in to post a comment.