Weekly Report – down some more! She sheepishly hangs her head and sighs. ‘They’ were right. Buff Chad, my WW Leader Terri, my doctor. There I was all Miss Smarty Pants thinking that I knew what was best for me…and I didn’t.
Lesson Learned – you cannot continue to lose weight by purposefully reducing calories below a sustenance level. Nope. Not at all. It’s counter-intuitive, but yes, if you’re exercising at an intense level in order to lose weight, you have to fuel your body by eating a little bit more in order to shed those pounds. I upped my daily calorie consumption over the past two weeks by about 150-200 calories worth of protein, veggies and complex carbs a day, roughly 5-6 WW PointsPlus. I kept my exercise effort the same. I wasn’t frustrated yesterday when I stepped on the scale. Yeah!!! It’s moving again!
I’m not declaring my self officially free of the plateau, though. Just a lot closer to the edge.
Guess what else I did this week? Wore a swimsuit in public for the first time in years. A swimsuit that I had to rush out and purchase before the weekend in a significantly smaller size than my last one – a regular sized swimsuit from a regular department store!! I also bought new shorts and a skirt…all size 10, with regular waistbands, no elastic and no stretchy fabric. I cried in the dressing room when they zipped and buttoned and fit perfectly. I’ve gone down five sizes since I started this journey. Princess Pea and Cherry Ames thought I was silly. They were jumping up and down and laughing for me!
Recap of the weekly goals:
- Tracking food and exercise consistently and honestly – Done!
- Stay at my daily point allowance – Done Again. I’m fueling my body so it can work harder.
- Earn a minimum of 50 activity points a week – Got in 63 this week. The swimming, kayaking and biking over the holiday helped bump up the AP count. I’m good with this much activity. It’s helping my overall mood!
- Blogging – not so hot this week. The family had an ‘unplugged’ holiday; I didn’t even check in on any of my groups!
- No quitting – Got it. I thought about tattooing it on my forehead.
- Supporting fellow challengers – Though I didn’t visit any blogs this week except Debbi’s and Mir’s, I do continue to pray daily for our entire group. So much is possible through the Lord!