How extreme? Only in that it was hot, Hot, HOT!!! My goal was to hit the Mineral Wells Trail no later than 7:00 am; because the other person involved in this adventure is a teenage boy who needed his beauty rest, we didn’t actually hit the trail until about 8:45.
Overall, it was amazing!! We biked 26.5 miles. I was really struggling on the way back, having to stop, rest and drink every fifteen to twenty minutes. I was really surprised at how the heat affected me. I mean, I do ride every day (except last week!) in the heat. Not quite that long of a ride, though, and it has been hotter this week. Temperature as we left the trail today was 98. Ouch. Biggest Lesson learned today is that I need a camelback. Water bottles just don’t hold enough water for long rides like this. Second lesson learned is the importance of fueling. I didn’t load up last night with carbs, and I didn’t carry any snackage onto the trail with me. I think I would have done better on the way back if I had refueled at the halfway point.
The Architect? Didn’t bother him at all! Can we bottle TeenAge Boy Energy and sell it?
So how was the rest of the week? Okay. I missed the WW meeting on Thursday because I had work meeting, and we all know that takes priority! From my weigh in at home, I held even this week, most likely because of the lack of exercise, and a few indulgences, including a piece of birthday cake and a donut (or two). Donuts – another trigger food for me. Love them love them! I really can’t eat them with any sort of control, though
- Tracking food and exercise consistently and honestly – Done! Even the donuts and the cake. In fact, that day will show up next week with a whopping 55 points in one day. Whoa!
- Stay within my daily point allowance – I’m keeping up with the eating, making sure I’m getting plenty of fuel, as well as a wide range of vitamins and minerals. Water..lots and lots of it. It was 112 yesterday afternoon.
- Earn a minimum of 50 activity points a week – I missed this one for the first time in a while. It was just too hot, and I let other things take necessary priority. It happens. Today’s ride should make up for some of it this week. Exercise adds up over time, as well as healthy eating.
- Blogging – done!
- No quitting? No brainer. I haven’t quit yet!
- Supporting fellow challengers – I continue to pray daily for our entire group. I checked in, left notes and cheered on the crew!