“Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow – that is patience.” ~Unknown~
It’s time! It’s time! It’s time to kick off a new challenge, another fourteen week effort to tone, refine and shed a few more ounces. Mir, aka Princess Dieter, is hosting again, and I’m delighted to be her co-pilot.
Rules and My Input
1. Item of clothing and a picture of me. Okay, seriously? I’m already blowing the first rule. Sort of. I want a fitted dress for Easter this year, a sort of classic Chanel, Jacqueline Onassis look – pale yellow with white trim, perhaps with a jacket. It’s still December, though, and there are still Christmas clearance items on store shelves. I will keep my eyes peeled for a dress, Mir, I promise! It will be posted here just as soon as I find it.
I DO have before pictures of me, though. I am really close to goal weight already and I’m at my goal pant size, so I’d like to focus on toning and strengthening my body for the next 14 weeks. (The nice fitting dress will just be icing on the cake.) However…some of my kid’s friends and a few co-workers follow this blog on Facebook, and I don’t want these photos popping in their inboxes. I’ve posted them over at my old Blogger blog, here.
2. Starting Weight: 158. Thank you, Christmas goodies! Waist measurement is 31″. I have other tracking points, but again, the whole kid’s friends seeing this thing makes me shy. Those numbers are over with my pictures, as well.
Shed at least five pounds, to be accomplished with a combination of sensible eating and plenty of exercise. Sensible = WW points daily; only eat extras as I earn them with exercise. Plenty of exercise = 50 activity points weekly, with whatever exercise catches my fancy.
Do at least 5 pullups. Yep. I’m already working on building strength for this.
Firm up my arms, as in tone them to the point that muscle definition is obvious. I’ve already started working on this with weight lifting and kettlebell training.
I’m starting with The Smarter Science of Slim.
I also intend to read along with Jenny at A Minute Captured and dive into my Bible this year.
5. My guiding quote is at the top of this post. It’s one I’ve blogged before, and I love love love it. My journey to healthy has taught me a LOT about patience! My second favorite quote is my signature. Keep the Faith.
6. My challenge buddy will be Jo! Yeah! We’ll be good for each other as we work on maintenance. I will be in touch, both with blog visits and emails.
7. I promise to visit at least three blogs a week and leave supportive comments. Or some serious sass and butt kicking if necessary.
8. I do hereby solemnly swear to NOT QUIT. Amen.
Commit. Keep the Faith.
7 thoughts on “E2E Challenge – Kick Off”
Lady, you need to link up. The linky closes in 1 hour and 45 mins. Jo will be your buddy, as she is the only other person not linked up. You two are the final linkies. Add it in chicadee!
And on we go…
You are such an inspiration with all that hiking & biking, you already look great so you’ll be one hot momma at the end of this I know it:-)
Great goals. Great bod. Great inspiration and so much more. Take care and God Bless!!
thanks for the SOAP inspiration! I had to post about it on my other blog. You are amazing!
Love your quote, Angela! I’m sure you can do this. Thanks for co-hosting with Mir! You two are amazing!
Your starting weight is my ultimate goal weight!! Looking forward to this challenge with you. I learned so much from your posts in the Christmas Dress Challenge!
WOWOWOWOWOWOW! 5 pull ups!!!
When we meet up for coffee, you gotta wear a muscle shirt!
I am really impressed!