Really. There are some weeks when the scale just feels like a slap upside the head, a journey into the absurd, a lesson in ridiculous.
Seriously? How does a person maintain through the holiday season and then gain five pounds in a week? FIVE POUNDS?? Enough to make a person nuts, right? Right. Except when the scale is a bazillion years old.
See, I peeked before my official weigh-in. I went to WW, braced for the worst, that nasty five pound gain. Then, THEN – Suprise! Only a 1.3 pound gain per WW. I wanted to hug the receptionist.
A gain though? Perhaps my holiday indulgences finally caught up, right? It’s okay. It will be gone soon enough. Here’s my weekly recap.
1. Item of clothing and a picture of me. Nope, Not done yet. I spent Saturday trail building – digging, swinging a pick axe, sawing trees and moving rocks. Way more important than shopping, ‘kay?
2. Weight This Week: 159.3 Thank you once again, Christmas goodies!
3. Goal Recap
Shed Five Pounds: Well, I sort of went the wrong direction this week. However, I did stay within my weekly points, and earned 57 activity points biking, kettle bells, circuit training and elliptical. It is what it is.
Do Five Pullups: I accomplished ONE this week, and continue to work on the muscle building that will get me all the way to five.
Firm Up the Arms: Yep. Many reps of rows and lat pulls happened, as well as a hundred or more pushups. I’m going to count them this week.
I did not start the The Smarter Science of Slim. I did, however, dive back into Refuse to Regain. I was too quick to brush her off last time around.
5. Quote – posted. In fact, I put it over in the sidebar where it will stay.
6. Catch up with the Challenge Buddy. Hey Jo!! How’s it going
7. Visit Other Challengers: I hit many of your blogs this week. Everyone is off to a great start!
8. I do hereby solemnly swear to NOT QUIT. Amen.
Don’t trust a lousy scale. Keep the Faith.