- spring! It’s been a long winter, with colds, emotional upheaval, worry and too much darkness. I’m so delighted with the fresh flush of spring, a renewal of hope and the promise of the future.
- blueberry corn muffins for breakfast
- iris blooming
iris from top: Eternal Bliss, Cherub’s Smile and Dusky Challenger
- praying for my children, especially my youngest.
- praying for friends who need some extra support
::healthy Biking fell to the wayside during the dark days of winter. I planned some nice rides this weekend, but family demands kept me busy. I think I just need to go ride anyway and let the family fend for themselves. On a more positive note, I’ve taken up yoga. It’s been about a year since my first practice, and I’m sticking with it. It helps keep me limber.
- Spaghetti and meatballs, spinach salad
- Greek chicken and orzo skillet, tossed salad
- Taco [Soup] Tuesday!
- Turkey Panninis, Strawberries
- Grilled Veggie Pizzas
- Burgers on the grill, cucumber salad
::fun – This past winter has been difficult, and it feels like we’re all just waking up from a really long sleep, sort of like Rip Van Winkle. We have plans, though, for some wonderful fun later this year, when school is out. Princess Pea will be in Italy in the early summer, and I’m trying to figure out how to be a chaperon. The Architect (should really change his name to The Engineer) is planning another camping trip to Crested Butte, and I’m already working on convincing Mr. Pea that sleeping in a tent, hiking in the rain and going a week without a shower is FUN.
Keep the Faith.
3 thoughts on “Minutes – April 18, 2016”
Whatever you do, do enjoy your days, girl! Really happy for you that the dark winter days are over!
I know about this longer winter. I am hoping things calm down and fall into some kind of groove however not holding my breath. Your irises are beautiful. Camping, oh yes please. I so want to go too. I am hoping we could go for my birthday/anniversary this weekend…we’ll see. Take care Angela and praying for peace for you and your family. Blessings!!
So so happy you are blogging again!!! Aren’t Iris’ also called Flags? I think that’s what my grandma called them.