I’ve been working towards my goal weight for a long, long time. Almost five years now! It’s been up and down for me, a spectacular down when I first started, a very ugly “up” after my stroke, and decidedly and consistantly down ever since. I’ve lost a total of 62 pounds to date. My first fifty pounds came off in six months. I gained about 25 back after the stroke, joined Weight Watchers Online and shed the 25 plus 4 spare pounds and then got stuck on a most heinous plateau. I started going to regular Weight Watchers meetings for the support and encouragement, losing 8 more pounds in the past five months. I now have 17 more to lose to hit my goal weight. These last pounds, however, are giving me so much grief. They are stubbon and persistant and are clinging to my bones like stink on a hog. I celebrate every ounce lost and shed tears over every one gained.
It’s summer now, and Debi over at Debbi Does Dieting and Mir at Happy Weight After have set up a Summer Challenge.
- Blog our goals!!
- Track food and water
- Limit those calories
- Get moving!
- Blog Weekly with results
- No winners or losers, so NO QUITTING!!
- Cheer on fellow challengers
So. What is my goal? To hit my goal weight by the end of this summer. To do this I will:
- Track my food consumption and exercise consistently and honestly
- Stay within my daily point allowance; extravagant food choices (4th of July! Beer!) will be earned with activity points before they are consumed; weekly points? Try not to dip into them!
- Earn a minimum of 50 activity points a week; this equates to about 30 minutes a day of high level cardio
- Blog Weekly – I’ll post my WW results weekly
- No quitting? No brainer. I haven’t quit yet!
- Follow fellow challengers and share some positive thinking
I love having a plan. It suits my Type A Self perfectly!