Scorching, broiling, scalding, sweltering, blistering, sizzling…just pick one. Any one will do.
This is a screen shot from my computer. No, your eyes are not tricking you. Yes, it is 108 degrees at six o’clock in the evening. (Like that background? I snapped that picture earlier this spring on my front porch, before the heat wave started. That ivy was still fresh and green. It’s now half-baked.)
So how did this week go? Grrrr!! I gained a pound, even after all the incredible biking last week. I put in almost 100 miles, plus Zumba classes and a few rounds of lifting, AND keeping OP!! Oh well. It is what it is. I’m too miserable from being hot to get upset over a pound gained. Other goals:
- Tracking food and exercise consistently and honestly – Done! Even The Architect’s birthday cake. I had a small piece to celebrate my oldest son’s fifteenth birthday. He got a learner’s permit for his birthday, folks, so if any of you live in my area, watch out for the incredibly handsome kid driving a minivan.
- Stay within my daily point allowance – Yes, and then some. I’m still making sure that I eat enough…eating most of my AP’s.
- Earn a minimum of 50 activity points a week – Holy Cow! I earned 121 APs this week!! That’s an all time record for me. I won’t be doing it again any time soon, unless we get a freak blizzard and the temperature drops about fifty degrees or so.
- Blogging – done, as of this post.
- No quitting? No brainer. I haven’t quit yet!
- Supporting fellow challengers – I checked in, left notes and cheered on the crew! I continue to pray daily for our entire group, and hope you are all doing the same. There’s a special power to prayer when it comes in large doses.