The Tax Man Cometh.
O mercy, I had a fright last night. I was working through our taxes, and the return kept popping up showing us owing $12,490. I was freaking out…where are we going to find another twelve grand on top of the already ridiculous amount of taxes we have already paid? I mean, tuition payments for next year are due two months, college payments a few months after that. So I told Mr. Pea the bad news and then we went to bed with him reassuring me it would be okay. I had nightmares about getting tossed in jail because of taxes. I woke up several times during the night mulling over my math. Our income and other deductions were really close to last year’s and I already made prepayments on estimated taxes, so we shouldn’t be that far off. First thing this morning, I open up Turbo Tax and check my input . Um…I had Mr. Pea’s 401K contributions categorized as taxable income. Yeah. Pretty stupid mistake. I toggled the correct switch and BAM!! All is well. We only owe roughly one week’s worth of groceries. Whew!
The Ready for Summer challenge continues!
So how did it go with last weeks mini goals? Pretty good! I actually remembered what the goals were this week.
- Weight loss – 0.1 pound loss. A measly tenth of a pound. That’s less than my shoes weigh!
- NSV – Eight Hours of Sleep minimum every night. Closer this week, but I’m still lagging behind on getting adequate rest.
- Exercise – Rocking!! DirtBike, The Architect and I joined up with our Mayor on her weekly Tour of Fort Worth ride. And guess what?? I got to meet Roxie Stone!! She is just as gracious in person as she is on her blog! And Inez? Oh drool…such a beautiful set of wheels. We biked eighteen miles on Wednesday evening. Add to that my foray to the Botanic Garden, CrossFit on Thursday and another eight mile ride on Friday…I got my exercise this week for sure.
- Nutrition – Eat more Veggies, and cut back a little more on the processed carbs that are trying to sneak back in. – Oh sadness. I succumbed to WHITE BREAD!! Really, and it was quite delicious. 😉 I did eat four servings of veggies every day, though.
- Weight Loss – Just keep on keeping on.
- NSVs – I’m sticking with eight hours of sleep minimum every night, and adding in a sewing session to take in my summer skirts so they don’t slide off when I stand up.
- Exercise – Biking, CrossFit and whatever else catches my attention.
- Nutrition – A week without bread. Try some Kale!
Ride a Bike!. Keep the Faith.