- coming days of celebration to be shared with friends and family
- coffee and shortbread cookies
- remission – I’m still happy dancing over my news
- the young people in our life as they navigate through finals this week
- Raymona, for continued healing
- our family. Mr. Pea’s mom is finally coming to live with us. Mr. Pea leaves on Friday to pick her up and bring her to Texas.
::remission – I’ll continue with check ups every three months for another year, then graduate to every six months for a few more years. My next milestone is March. If I’m all-clear then, long-term survival statistics take a giant leap UP!!
- Spaghetti and Meatballs, Spinach Salad
- Meatball Subs and Broccoli Salad
- Chicken Soup
- Tamales, Spanish Rice and Green Beans
- Salmon, Garlic Roasted Potatoes, Peas
- Chili and Cornbread
- Leftover Smorgashboard
::fun – So much going on! We’ve been taking advantage of the unseasonably nice weather and hitting the bike trails. Mr. Pea and I did a fourteen mile ride – FOURTEEN MILES! It was Mr. Pea’s first time back on wheels since his knee surgery, and it was fabulous. His knee is healing GREAT! This ride was so much easier than our previous ride, for both of us. We were laughing at ourselves about how excited we were manage fourteen miles. A little over a year ago, twenty to thirty miles was a ‘casual’ ride.
::this week – Work. School. Lots of preparations at home for Mom Pea’s arrival, including removing furniture, packing up the remains of the kids’ belongings and hunting down a wheelchair and/or walker. Wrapping presents, a trip to the post office. Christmas Party at Rodeo Goat and stroll through downtown to enjoy the Christmas lights.
Keep the Faith.