- sun shining brightly
- fresh, new year – like a new box of crayons!
- these guysThat’s The Architect and Mr. Pea, on Christmas Eve…as we were walking from the parking lot to the church for Christmas Eve Mass. I’m not sure who snapped the picture – either Princess Pea or DirtBike.
- good health for so many friends and family
- Fireman Dan – he starts his new job today!!
::pondering – a nickname for Princess Pea’s young man. It’s becoming clear that he will be a permanent fixture, so he needs a nickname on the blog. And no…they did not run off to Vegas and get married. Princess Pea went with him and his family for New Year’s. She said it was an ‘interesting’ place…fun to see for sure, but that once was probably enough for a lifetime.
I’m also still searching for my name for this new year. It’s coming, but slowly. May need to pull out the thesaurus.
::healthy – Well then. I’m officially recovered, so it’s time to reclaim my strength and endurance. I actually started this back in November; I’m making it official by claiming progress in the minutes. I’ve been practicing yoga regularly – like every day – which has been a tremendous help working the kinks out of the damaged joints. I’m getting on the bike as often as possible, working up to a 20 mile ride at a decent pace so I can tag along with the Bombshells. I don’t mind being the sweeper, I just don’t want to always be the slowest one in the bunch! I have some very specific goals for this year…more on those later.
- Roast Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, Broccolini
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Sloppy Joes, Spinach Salad
- Butternut Squash Soup (yeah, it’s been on the list frequently, but ohmygosh I love the stuff!)
- Baked Ziti with Eggplant, more Spinach Salad
- Chicken and Hatch Chili Tamales, Rice, Beans
- Cilantro Lime Tilapia, Mixed Veggies
::fun – The Hobbit! I finally, finally watched the two new Hobbit movies. Now I need to head to the theater to see the last one. Maybe this weekend. Or next.
::this week – Back to School and Work! I love the holidays, with long days of visiting, eating and resting. I also love getting back into a solid routine – it makes me happy!
This week I’m focusing on planning for Mom Pea’s 90th Birthday Party this Sunday, researching a new bicycle purchase, uncluttering the homestead and laying out some new gardens and landscaping. On paper, because it’s too cold to dig.
Keep the Faith.
3 thoughts on “Minutes – January 5, 2015”
Been trying to catch up on blogs lately. You have had quite the journey this last year. It is good to hear/read that your are doing well and still pluggin along.
I wish you a wonderful 2015!
I love the pictures. Most awesome. Your meals, WOW!!! Wish you were here to cook for me. Good luck on getting healthy and strong. I wish I could learn yoga. I’m terrible at reading and figuring them out. I wish I could learn from you.
Take care my friend. Thank you for stopping by.
You know I love a good thesaurus!