- friends – as they navigate the uncertainty of unemployment, for the blessing of work
- my children – that they all embrace learning, especially DirtBike. That he, with the help of the teachers and education specialists, learns new ways to stay focused and organized and that he truly learns to appreciate and enjoy school
- my parents – as they discern their life path heading into retirement
- my sister – for backbone and integrity, that she find the gumption to finish school, and the proper attitude to search for gainful employment that will support herself and her sons
- a new job
- my husband, kids, friends and extended family, all who have bolstered my spirits and held me up in prayer during the past six weeks of heartache and change
- A few weeks off until my new job begins, time to pray, regroup, get my house in order and enjoy my blessings
Stress works as an effective diet tool, but it’s NOT a very healthy one. I’ve lost a considerable about of weight over the past six weeks from pure worry, and I’m feeling it. My vain inner brat Olivia is turning cartwheels, but my rational grown up self knows that I have lost muscle tone, endurance and strength along with these pounds. I’m focusing on eating well and getting plenty of rest for the next few weeks, as well as getting back to some regular exercise.
Thinking about pride and humility.
Knitting like a crazed woman. It’s been soothing to my anxious mind. I’ve finished a blanket, two baby sweaters, and half of a summer sweater. I’m going to teach Princess Pea how to knit this week. She needs it, too.
Gardening. Our yard and gardens have suffered mightily from the ongoing drought and extreme temperatures over the past many years. It’s time to regroup, rethink and replace the 15-year old drip irrigation system. Lots of digging in my immediate future. Can digging be creative?
FINALLY selecting the paint color for the house trim. I hereby announce to the world that I WILL slap those sample colors onto garage panels and pick one before this week is over. Please hold me accountable if I don’t announce a selection by next Monday.
- Polynesian Chicken, Strawberry Shortcake
- Burgers with Mushrooms, Southwest Chopped Salad
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Fish Tacos, Black Beans
- Pizza Night!
- Beef Kabobs, Grilled Corn, Berries
It’s been conspicuously absent for what feels like forever, but Fun IS coming back to the Pea Home! Fun this week includes a movie date with Cherry Ames and Princess Pea, roasting marshmallows after dinner, studying for finals. Yes, studying for finals. I’ve been telling The Architect and Dirtbike for years that studying is fun. They still don’t buy it, silly boys.
Yes, that is my oldest son. He made a boat out of cardboard, rowed it in a race and won for rowing the fastest and for having a beautiful boat. Amazing. I am a very proud Mama, and I’m also glad that our garage no longer smells like a chemical factory. Have you ever tried to waterproof cardboard? It takes several weeks of hauling the boat to and from school, conferring with the engineering and physics teachers, many hours researching and the application of multiple coats of multiple types of sealants. And lots of glue, paper tape and red spray paint.
New beginnings. Hope.
Oil changes for all vehicles, taking The Architect to get his driver’s license, new glasses with a stronger bifocal, a haircut, enjoying having the daughters home for a little while before summer classes start,
Linking up at Suscipio – come join us!