I’ve been visiting blogs, and everyone is in a happy tizzy about a fresh start in a new decade. The more ambitious are actually tackling closets and basements, tossing out the junk and starting the New Year organized, itemized and clearly labeled. My Friends!
You don’t stand a chance against the chaos that accompanies living with a husband and children. Case in point:
This is the junk drawer in my kitchen, looking rather tidy because I just cleared it out yesterday evening. However, look closely. In the interim 22 hours, here is what has magically accumulated in this drawer.
3. Preteen Son#2’s watch that has been missing for four months
Note: said watch was NOT in the drawer yesterday!
4. Half eaten candy cane
5. Silver cross necklace
6. Twist-ties that my Darling insists on saving and that I continue to throw away because they are never used for anything once removed from the bread bags
7. Picture hangars (?!)
8. Hole punch – yeah! I was looking for that!
9. Four odd pieces from three different board games
10. Really old lip gloss, dried out and tossed straight into the trash
11. A Bionicle part
12. Light up top
13. Random red plastic box
14. Fishing bobber
15. Flash drive (Teen Daughter#1 was looking for that)
16. Spiffy beaded bead that has mysteriously transported itself from my beading case