Weather? – Still the same, hot.
Work? – Still the same, busy.
Weight? – Lost 0.2 pounds!!!
I have felt so sluggish this week between the heat, the insane busy-ness at work, the heat, the heat and the heat, I’ve been exhausted every day. I’m literally forcing myself to get some activity and slinging locks and chains around the fridge and pantry to keep myself out of them.
Well, not really, because the teens have to eat, but isn’t that a great image across your brain cells?
So how did this week go? Here are the Stats:
Yes! I’m eating more! Not touching any weekly points, but certainly trying to put a dent in the activity points I earn. Tuesday night? A surprise date night with Mr. Pea, and we went to Mancuso’s, our all time favorite Italian restaurant. We’ve been friends with the owners for more than thirty years. I had a kid size portion of lasagna, and yes, it was worth every single point!
- Tracking. Done! Something’s a bit wonky with the progress chart, though. I DID track healthy checks on Tuesday, but they don’t show up on the chart. Weird. I suppose that’s why it’s called ‘beta’ version, right?
- Eat those Points. Yes!
- Earn a minimum of 50 activity points a week. I earned 68 APs this week. A mere drop in the bucket compared to last week’s all time record. I tell you, it was HARD earning those points this week. It meant getting to work an hour early to bike, or riding at home in the dark. I also went to the Y this week and swam laps, because it was the only kind of exercise I could think of that didn’t involve potential heat stroke!!
- Blogging. Done. I even got in a Sweet Shot post this week. I’m planning another PSA about exercising in the heat, if I ever quit sweating long enough to write it.
- No quitting? No brainer. I haven’t quit yet!
- Supporting fellow challengers – I have mostly lurked so far this week, but hey! I have three days to checked back and spread some cheer! I’ll be seeing you all before Sunday. I continue to pray daily for our entire group, with special prayers for Mir and her family.
12 thoughts on “StS Challenge – Day 54 – Progress and Still Hot”
Well done! And I do the same thing, with eating activity points (but not weekly points). I didn’t lose this week, but I have hormonal nastiness going on. I expect the scale to cooperate either next week or the week after.
It’s gotta give sometime, right? LOL
I need that fridge image……. plastered in my brain forever, please. Thanks! 😉 Have a great week.
Sounds to me like you’re still in the groove. With the smaller loss this week, you might be due for “the drop” next week. Happens that way when folks are on track…hold..hold..whoosh. Well, I’ve seen that a lot.
Thanks so much for the encouraging posts. It’s been a hard month.
Things do get tough every now and then but we can’t expect a straight shot to goal. You did lose even though it’s not as much as you would like. Next week will be better I just know it.
Swimming burns a LOT of calories, if you can, work that in often! 😀
You seem to be doing well on the goals! Keep it up!
Hi! I made it! I finally made it here after many attempts. Not sure what the problem was but every single time I tried to click through your link on your comments I got an error message but was finally able to link through from Debbi’s blog.
Thank you so much for all your support. Looks like you are doing a great job rocking the challenge.
I hope you are staying as cool as possible down there in the HOT zone.
The heat is a killer this summer … and we’ve still got another month and a half of it. Sheesh! I think it’s great that even with the heat, you found some way to get some exercise in. Keep on losing!! 🙂
Isn’t it just great when you can go out to eat and stay within your points and healthy eating goals?? To me that is another marker as to how far you have come in your journey to be healthier. So, excellent. Great, great progress on the STS and of course your own weight loss fitness goals. Here is to another strong week! michele
You are doing so well! I’m glad to see another WWer. I just love the online tools. It’s so great that you are staying in your goal. It can be hard, but you are doing great!
YEAH!!!, downwards is great. Keep it up. It’s been hot here too so I sure understand that. Keep up the great work. Take care and God Bless!!
That heat definitely puts a DAMPer on things, in more ways than one! Nice that you still got that exercise in though, KUDOS!
I’m doing a lousy job of commenting on blogs, but I do read many of them each week. Just wanted to tell you that I love your writing. Love the sweltering, broiling, and Melba toast pictures you’re painting.
I’m with you on chaining the fridge but for the teens. I have teens, too, and the junk they eat is hard on me. I don’t allow them to eat pizza in my presence any more. I go all weak in the knees over pizza.