Already? Nine Weeks?
It’s been a crazy busy week for the Pea Family. The basketball tournament is going well – halfway over, with just one more week to go. It really is a lot of fun hanging out with our friends and working the tournament. All the kids work together on homework backstage, we take turns cooking the evening meal in the school cafeteria for all the volunteers, and there’s lots of socializing and friend building between games.
My prescribed update.
1. Item of clothing and a picture of me. This is going to wait until the absolute last minute. I may have time next Sunday afternoon to go shopping, and the weekend following is totally out because I’ll be hiking in Big Bend. With fifty high school seniors.
2. Weight This Week: 160.0. Waist 30″. Not budging. Can I just say I’m at my goal size? I really have no desire to be a size 6/8. 10 is absolutely perfect for a woman my age.
3. Goal Recap
Shed Five Pounds: Grrrrr.r.r.r.r
Five Pullups: I hold out hope that this will happen before the end of the year.
Firm Up the Arms: Oh YES!! Here’s a picture of my arm results.
The End of Overeating by David Kessler. I didn’t get to read a whole lot more this week. However, something I DID read struck a chord, and confirmed research that I read previously. It has to do with replacing our bad habits with new habits – having a plan in place for times of temptation. BEFORE you walk past the food court, have a rule for yourself. “I’m going to walk by the food court and not stop. I’m going to tell myself ,’that’s a nice smell’, but I’m not going to buy a cookie.” Then you have to follow through with the rule, and every time you enforce it, it becomes more and more deeply ingrained in the brain. It takes time to overcome years of conditioned overeating, but it’s not impossible. There’s Hope!
I continued to read along with Jenny at A Minute Captured. Reading my Bible is proceeding.
5. Catch up with the Challenge Buddy. Yes! Posted a motivational speech just for her!
7. Visit Other Challengers: Yes indeed. It seems as if we’re all pulling out of our winter doldrums.
8. I do hereby solemnly swear to NOT QUIT. Amen.
Keep the Faith.
3 thoughts on “E2E Challenge – Week 9”
Angela! I keep losing track of your blog! Glad you commented today so I could come on over and check up on you. I’m looking forward to your overall review of the End of Overeating book. It is one that I have considered buying. I like the tidbits that people share from it!
Winter doldrums, yeah… that’s what they were and I’m so glad a lot of us are getting out of those for sure! Good info from the book, I’ll have to check into that one:-)
That book does sound great!
Have a wonderful weekend!