- Jen, with prayers of thanksgiving! The chemo has worked it’s wonders, and her leukemia is once again in remission. Adding prayers for healing, for while the chemo did it’s job, the side effects are lingering and unpleasant.
- Kevin, that he finds work soon
- My childrens’ birthdays, as they provide a welcome respite in hectic times of the year. And a viable reason to eat cake.
- Summer rain and its marvelous smell that tickles my memory and recalls summers of childhood.
This week the Pea Family is gearing up for the Tour de Cure. We’ll have a few short rides this week (15 miles or less) and then the big ride on Saturday. We’re still collecting donations for our ride, donations that go directly to support the American Diabetes Association for education, research and outreach for folks like me who live with diabetes.
If you’re interested in more information or want to join the ride, email me directly (click on my signature at the bottom of the post) and I’ll get you hooked up!
Bicycles. The Architect, Princess Pea and DirtBike have been rebuilding two of the older bicycles in our shed. The road bike belonged to Mr. Pea when he was a kid; the mountain bike is mine from 20+ years ago. The Pea Kids have stripped them down, repainted the frames and are now working on reconstructing the gears and breaks. What talented kids I have! I think Princess Pea has aspirations of pedaling the road bike in the Tour de Cure.
The lineup this week includes
- Hamburgers, again, because it’s just the summertime thing to do. Maybe I’ll feel inspired and saute some mushrooms to go with.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Grilled Chicken, Spinach salad with strawberries and fresh corn
- Dinner with Friends one evening – Yeah!
- Sandwiches because it’s too hot to cook
- Leftover sandwiches because it’s too hot to think
Hmm.m.m not too much actual fun planned this week as of the typing of these minutes. I’ll have to remedy that by Friday and get back to you.
Oh Mercy. The back to school and off to college madness begins This week includes visits to the dentist and optometrist, fetching new glasses, the purchasing of new school shoes, searching for textbooks online, sending in college tuition payments (don’t forget, Angela!), and culling through our kitchen and household supplies to divide out and pack up what Princess Pea and her BFF will need to set up housekeeping in their college apartment. Hmmm…I did the same for Cherry Ames a few years ago, so I wonder if all the stuff has multiplied and replenished?
Linking up at Suscipio – come join us!
Record the Minutes. Keep the Faith.