• antibiotics to treat infection
• immunizations against tetanus
• skilled birth attendants at every birth
• counseling on breastfeeding
• information on basic newborn care such as keeping the cord clean and keeping the baby warm
Baby caps are a simple and effective tool that can keep babies warm and ultimately contribute to reducing newborn deaths in the developing world.
Don’t know how to knit, but still want to play, too? You are IN LUCK! Stephanie has posted beginner knitting tutorials at Snickerdoodle! These tutorials are comprehensive, with videos to show you exactly how and step by step instructions that will have you knitting baby caps in no time at all. So. Answering God’s call to charity, I’m knitting baby caps! Want to play along? Click on the Knit for Good button at the top right. It will take you to Snickerdoodle’s website where you can get all the info you need to get started, including a link back to Knit for Good. Don’t Wait! Caps need to be delivered by the end of February.