- friends who still have the flu, and those who have contracted it in the past few days, that they all recover quickly and that it doesn’t spread through their households
- my husband and children
- our country, heading into a new term, for Divine guidance and a hearty dose of common sense
- seeing Princess Pea this weekend
- sunny skies
- Girl Scout Thin Mints
I pulled Lady Penelope out of the shed and took her for a cruise a couple miles over to city hall to pay the water bill. She’s been a tad neglected lately, in favor of Princess Grace, the mountain bike. May I freely admit that Princess Grace’s gears and hydraulic brakes have made me soft? Oh mercy! I totally forgot how much strength it takes to operate a fixed gear bike. I was gasping by the time I got back to the house. I should schedule regular rides with Lady Penelope to remind my legs how darned lucky they are!
Here’s something amazing. Lady Penelope was the bike that got me started on my weight loss journey. When I first started riding, I could barely make it around the block. Now I think 10 miles is a ‘short’ ride!
First post at Suscipio will be this weekend! Whoot!
Finished one of those mitts from last week; have one more that just needs the thumb knitted up. And yes, I did pull out the sewing machine, but only to do some mending – reattach a strap to a duffle bag, fix a few hems and take in a skirt for Princess Pea. Oh, and I did manage to locate the hot glue gun and reattach the decorative gizmo to the center of the wood cross that Cherry Ames made us for Christmas.
- Steak, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Spinach Salad
- More Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage and Zucchini (made two batches last week and froze one)
- Blackened Tilapia, mixed veggies and a salad
- Turkey, Tomato and Mozzarella Panninis
- Chicken Noodle Soup, Cheese Biscuits
- Tacos, Black Beans
- Ham and Cheese Omelettes with Spinach, Grapefruit Salad
Ahhh…Grapefruit is in season! Rio Star and Texas Rubies are NOT to be missed!
Well, the boys have a school holiday today. The first call I get this morning went something like this: “Mom, can we use the chainsaw?” Seriously? NO!!! Since we spent yesterday afternoon cutting down dead trees, chopping them up and hauling them to the burn pile, I suspected the question would come up, which is precisely why the chainsaw is in the back of my van this very minute. Yes, I trust my boys, about as far as I can throw them, when it comes to the siren call of power tools. They are teenagers and have all the common sense of rabid squirrels. ‘Nuf said.
About those trees…We pulled down a dozen dead red oaks yesterday. Damn drought.
It’s time for the Fort Worth Fat Stock Show!! Yee-haw!! I love the Stock Show. We may mosey over this weekend and check out the calves and pigs. The Architect’s rescheduled race is Sunday afternoon, and we’re keeping our fingers crossed for warm, dry weather!
Linking up at Suscipio – come join us!