- calm and rest in this busy time of year
- Cold Front!! Oh the sweet joy of being able to go outside and not feel like my lungs are being scorched!
- the amazing biking community that as a whole is so welcoming and encouraging to beginners
- continued progress in Clearing the Decks
- The Architect’s amazing biking skills! He placed second at the Sansom Park Fall Series ride. This trail is mean: full of rocks, hard climbs loose gravel and sand traps. He finished without incident – no blood dripping crossing the finish line! (Seriously – I won’t ride this trail – it’s expert rated, sort of like a black diamond ski run.)
More biking scheduled this week, as well as a few good long walks with Max the Dog. I also intend to keep up with getting more rest.
The uniform pants are finally hemmed! Yeah! I’ve started knitting a new scarf for myself from some gorgeous cashmere yarn.
DirtBike is halfway through a V-22 model for his history fair project, and it’s looking grand. He also brought me a sketch of how he would like to have his room repainted. It involves splattering electric yellow, green and cobalt blue paint on one wall. I like the idea! Of course, it’s sad to see the little boy army camo paint theme go away.
Yeah! Still under the century mark for temperatures, so I’m still cooking!
- Grilled Chicken and Broccoli Salad
- Dirty Rice, Green Beans and Tossed Salad
- Barbeque Dinner – for the Stephen Breen Foundation. The boys will be waiters…
- Shrimp Gumbo
- Turkey Sandwiches
- Blackened Tilapia, Zucchini and Corn
Weekly ride with the Mayor of Fort Worth, mountain biking on a local trail with a friend who is new to off road biking,
Facilities Committee meeting for The Architect’s school, Stephen Breen dinner, teacher conferences, knitting, cooking, laundry, work, and cutting down a few dead trees.
Linking up at Suscipio – come join us!
Record the Minutes. Keep the Faith.