- Grandma Judy Darling – Chemo has begun
- friends and family in the northeast, as they clean up the mess, pick up the pieces and carry on
- Anthony, as he lost his mother this past weekend.
- seeing Cherry Ames and Princess Pea – two weekends in a row!!
- beautiful autumn weather
- Mom Pea’s safety during Hurricane Sandy
Back at it. I hit my scream weight last week, which means it’s time to buckle down and rein it in before it gets out of control. Constant vigilance, my friends, constant vigilance!
Mom’s Pretty Knitted Thing is right where I left it a few weeks ago, more than half way finished. I made a fluffy, curly scarf for my niece for her birthday. I need to start another one for her younger sister ASAP, as she was eye-balling it and threatening to steal it the moment they got home.
- Sliders, Tossed Salad
- Chicken Curry over Brown Rice, Peas
- Pizza, Tossed Salad
- Roasted Pork, Feta Slaw, Broccoli
- Beef and Bean Burritos
- Potato Soup, Spinach Salad
- Turkey Paninis, Celery and Carrot Sticks
I’m coming to the end of my stash of pre-assembled meals in the freezer, so it’s time to plan and restock. It’s especially important to keep healthy meals on the table as we head into the germ infested craziness of late fall and winter.
Mountain Bike Trail Building! Now this may not seem like fun to some, but for me and mine? A day of swinging tools and wielding chain saws = bliss. Mostly because it burns off teen-boy energy in a major sort of way, which makes my day so much calmer. That’s me, rolling up an abandoned barbed wire fence.
We did a quick ride on dirt this weekend – The Architect’s first dirt ride since the accident! He did great and the leg appears to be recovering quite nicely. We warned him to stick to the blue/green trails, no jumping obstacles and to keep the speed under 10 mph.
History Fair Project completion, Mountain Bike club meeting, long walks at lunchtime to enjoy the spectacular weather.
Linking up at Suscipio – come join us!