- The Tatum Family…the funeral was Saturday, a day of tears and sorrow. Please pray for Tammy and her young daughters as they face the coming days with heavy hearts.
- Judy Darling – her masectomy was successful and recovery is happening fast. Please pray for Judy to continue to regain her strength and then some as she prepares to start chemo if a few weeks.
- rain! rain! It started raining Friday morning and didn’t stop until late yesterday afternoon. Aaaahhhh…..
- York Peppermint Patties
- Zataran’s dirty rice mix and gumbo starter
- cooler temperatures
- blue skies
- The Architect getting to head south to Aggieland to see his sister! They have been missing each other.
A few bike rides this week, still more veggies at the dinner table, and getting some sleep this week. I’ve informed the resident men that I am going on strike every day at 9:00 pm and sitting down on my bed to relax, read and then go to sleep. There will be no proofreading last minute assignments, no emergency loads of laundry, no trips to WalMart for whatever it is that you need for school in the morning and forgot to tell me about last week. There will be no dishes washed by me,either, because the BOYS will be doing them! Oh yeah!
We’re updating DirtBike’s bedroom. He’s ready to retire the little boy G.I Joe Army Guy theme. Most of yesterday was spent clearing and purging. I could not believe the stuff I found hidden in the dark recesses of the closet and slipped behind the bed: smashed lunch remains, moldering in plastic baggies, because it was too much effort to empty the lunchbox in the kitchen; disassembled clocks, watches and toys, because he wanted to see how they worked; dog biscuits, because….he didn’t know why those were stacked behind the books on the book case; a pile – a PILE, I tell you! – of dirty socks, most of which were actually his.
AND!! The Architect’s next engineering class project is to build a trebuchet!!! I am SO excited about this. Unfortunately, it will be a small one for class, BUT…we’ll have access to PLANS, so we can build a huge one later! I have aspirations of launching pumpkins and watermelons from the back deck…
I’m yearning for hot meals, and the temperatures are cooperating, so I’m cooking this week.
- Steak, Garlic Potatoes, Green Beans and Salad
- Taco Salad
- Stuffed Peppers, Spinach Salad
- Potato Soup, Grilled Turkey Sandwiches
- Roasted Chicken, Peas
- Fish Tacos
- Ravioli with roasted Butternut Squash
This week, not so much. Just ordinary life, which we will enjoy just as much as fun.
Preparing for Fall Festival fundraiser next weekend, a race for the Architect, many little things at work than need attention, planning ahead for the holidays, delivering meals to sick friends, keeping up with DirtBike’s studies, making sure he’s not falling behind. (DirtBike has dyslexia and an uncertain measure of ADD, both of which make school extremely difficult. Extra coaching for organizational skills is a constant in our lives, as well as an occasional flick on his forehead to remind him to pay attention to the book in front of him!)
Linking up at Suscipio – come join us!